Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 790, 2270 Old Penitentiary Road
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Agriculture Investigator, Senior
Open for Recruitment: March 16, 2017 - March 30, 2017
Announcement # 00375047527
$18.49 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Location(s): Treasure Valley
"Serving consumers and agriculture by safeguarding the public, plants, animals and the environment through education and regulation."
This position serves the inspection needs of Animal Industries; specifically animal health and dairy inspection in the Treasure Valley/Boise area.
- Conduct animal health, disease, livestock waste, and facility inspections.
- Conduct disease, import, livestock market, port of entry, animal exhibition, and other surveillance activities.
- Conduct compliance activities related to livestock traders, producers, transporters, Markets, and veterinarians.
- Conduct investigations of animal care complaints, livestock odor complaints, animal diseases, import violations, livestock waste violations, Cervidae escapes, and intrastate movement violations.
- Conduct education and information dissemination processes for local law enforcement agencies, animal control agencies, livestock producers, traders, veterinarians, support industries, and the general public.
- Perform testing to detect animal disease.
- If needed, be willing to help and learn other division programs as needed.
- Fulfill responsibilities of an ISDA employee as outlined in the department's Risk Management/Safety Policy.
Minimum Qualification: This qualification is a mandatory requirement.
- Work experience preparing narrative reports.
Specialty Areas: These qualifications are mandatory requirements.
- Good knowledge of livestock (beef, dairy or equine), milk processing facilities, or environmental compliance experience relating to animal production.
- This position requires a valid driver's license.
Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
Examination: Education and Experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the space provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 100 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete. To preview the exam, click on Preview Exam below. You will not be able to apply from this screen. Please follow the directions under "How to Apply".
To Apply: Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When completing your online application information, please select/add:
- Department of Agriculture under "Agencies"
- Full-time employment under "Job Type/Shift"
- Treasure Valley under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist. Without this information your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency. Items in the Application Checklist to include:
- Personal Information
- Work History
- Job type
Candidates who reach the final hiring stage will be required to participate in a criminal background check. Having a criminal record will not automatically eliminate applicants from consideration, but may be considered as part of the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Agriculture!
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.