Local offices schedule periodic workshops on business issues, often led by experts in such topics as communication in the workplace and project management. Some offices partner with community business people and form employer associations that plan year-round training workshops, presentations and more:
- Gain access to labor market, employment and training information.
- Keep up with new employment laws and legislation affecting workers and employers.
- Learn how to minimize unemployment insurance costs.
- Explore human resource issues.
- Network with other Idaho employers.
Specific networking groups meet regularly at some local offices where participants share experiences – and business cards – with other business people. Some groups form based on a specific industry and others are more general.
Check the events calendar for your region and find out about the workshops and networking opportunities near you. Most of them are FREE.
If you have an idea for a workshop or networking group, contact your nearest local office.