Portfolio, Site Administration, Curriculum and Exploration Tools Bundle
A set of powerful tools packaged in one bundle to help you make the most of your career development experience.
- Track education and career goal progress
- Save research and assessment results
- Develop and individualized graduation course plan
- Create resumes and save achievements, work and volunteer experiences
- Invite visitors to look at your portfolio contents
- Upload files and links
- Send and receive messages between students and staff
Over 200 fun and interactive lesson plans scope-and-sequenced and sortable by:
- Subject/Program area
- Grade level
- Idaho Comprehensive School Counselor Program domain and CIS component.
The curriculum includes links to Idaho and national guidance and academic standards, suggested course outlines for middle school and high school, and career planning frameworks for middle school and high school.
These assessments and sorts are designed to help determine occupations that might be a good fit depending on your interests, values and skills.
- Career Cluster Inventory
- Occupation Sort
- ONET Work Importance Locator
Each person has a unique combination of core skills, abilities, qualities and traits that they enjoy using and can use easily. Identifying Dependable Strengths can lead to discovering occupations that people will enjoy and succeed in. Results can be saved for future use in the CIS Portfolio.
Dependable Strengths is proven to:
- Assess skills and abilities as they relate to career choices and options.
- Increase self-awareness
- Identify individual strengths
- Build self-esteem
- Build mutual appreciation
Dependable Strengths was developed in 1945 by Bernard Haldane, Ph.D. to help military personnel transition their skills to civilian life. Its overwhelming success in this area won the attention of Harvard Business School where it went on to become a significant part of its Manual for Alumni Placement. Today, Dependable Strengths is used world-wide. We have contracted with the National Institute for Dependable Strengths to offer a version of Dependable Strengths that is integrated into the CIS software.
Peterson's Practice Tests
Provide your students and clients with authentic practice tests and detailed results–help them identify which skills or study areas need work, and in which areas they are strongest. Peterson’s Practice Test Packages increase test-taking abilities and build confidence.
Practice tests feature:
- Full-length practice exams for a variety of tests
- Material that reflects the real exams with realistic content and difficulty
- Detailed results which identify areas where additional study is required.
- Questions designed to simulate actual test questions – all question types are featured
- Automatic bookmark – return to partially completed tests whenever it’s convenient
Academic Practice Test Package I:
Includes: ACT, ASQB, ASVAB, CLEP, DSST, GED, PSAT, SAT and TOEFL.
Academic Practice Test Package II:
Includes: AP, SAT II, AFOQT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, MCAT.
Civil Service Practice Test Package:
Includes: Tests for Accountant/Auditor, American Foreign Service Officer, Caseworker, Corrections Officer, Court Officer, Firefighter, Nurse, Parole Officer, Police
Officer, Postal Worker, Teacher, Probation Officer, Real Estate, State Trooper, Treasury Enforcement Agent and U.S Citizenship Prep.
Idaho CIS has partnered with Peterson's, A Nelnet Company, to offer site licenses for its popular online test preparation packages. Each practice test package is sold separately.
The IDEAS™ Assessment is a short interest inventory of a 128 tasks drawn from the Career Assessment Inventory (CAI) and is designed to be an introduction to career exploration for students and adults.
- Appropriate for junior high and middle school students, high school students, and adults as part of their self-knowledge activities and can be used with special education students and students at risk.
- Written at a 6th grade reading level
- Requires 20 to 25 minutes to complete, provides instant results
- Offered in both English and Spanish.
- Measures how current interests are connected to occupations and course work and work interest areas to explore further.
After completing the online assessment, individuals receive a profile showing how their interest pattern fits into sixteen different occupational areas. In addition to the interest area profile, IDEAS™ links related information about personality type using the Holland Code themes, courses, and occupations. Results can be saved for future use in the CIS Portfolio.
Sample IDEAS report
Sample IDEAS checklist
IDEAS™ (Interest Determination, Exploration and Assessment System) is a formal career assessment inventory published by Pearson, Inc.). We have contracted with Pearson, Inc., to offer a version of IDEAS™ that is integrated into the CIS software.